Talk

Advanced search

approval for mortgage when have family history of MS

(5 Posts)
ataposaurus Wed 03-Dec-14 19:17:26

Hi, I am in the process of a mortgage application. They have asked for my life insurance and income protection insurance policies. Because of a family history of a parent with multiple sclerosis neither of these cover me for this. I am presuming this is not an uncommon situation - does anyone know if this will affect my mortgage application\? TIA

Lelivre Wed 03-Dec-14 21:12:20

Just going from my experience, (applying for mortgages) they usually want an opportunity to sell you their own insurance products, that's all.

ataposaurus Wed 03-Dec-14 21:38:57

Thanks, bit worried but surely most people have a family history of something - I am personally young and fit (I think!)

bilbodog Thu 04-Dec-14 11:33:04

Hi - i've checked with someone I know who works with mortages and he says that it shouldn't stop you getting a mortgage but it will affect you if you want to take out mortgage protection insurance and/or life insurance and you might have to pay more. Hope this helps.

ataposaurus Thu 04-Dec-14 11:47:28

Thanks - have got life insurance and income protection insurance which mortgage company want to see, but both put on an exclusion for ms as had first degree relative affected - don't know if this is usual!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now