Talk

Advanced search

Would this combination of worktops look odd?

(6 Posts)
PinkOboe Tue 02-Dec-14 20:04:23

A length of wood up the left hand side and across the top as far as the cooker (800mm). Then the cooker. Then granite the otherside, which is only 800mm? Then there's a gap on the right hand wall with nothing in then another unit / desser thing which would also be granite.

I'm worried about that top bit

bilbodog Wed 03-Dec-14 17:33:09

my last kitchen I had a mixture of wood and granite and it was fine. Must admit i've stuck to all wood for my 2nd kitchen and love it.

bilbodog Wed 03-Dec-14 17:33:42

suggest looking at lots of kitchen company sites to see if they have pictures of anything similar to what you are describing.

Waswondering Wed 03-Dec-14 17:36:32

My mum has two L shaped work tops, with the entrance and an island unit cutting them in half: ie L ] (if the second symbol was an upside down L!)

The first is granite, covering aga to sink. The other is wood with a kind of dresser idea. It works but she is precious about protecting the wood.

minipie Wed 03-Dec-14 17:36:48

Hmm would seem a bit odd to me I must admit, usually where different worktops are used it's on different areas of the kitchen. So for example in your kitchen it would make sense to have granite either side of the cooker and wood on the standalone unit/dresser? Or vice versa?

mandy214 Wed 03-Dec-14 18:16:52

Could you continue the wood all down one side and the top, and then have granite on the right hand wall?

I've just done my kitchen with a mixture of worktops - all one kind for the actual worktops (just an L shape) and then quartz on the island unit. I think it looks fab (I'm obviously biased) so yes to mixing, but I think I'd probably still to the same across the top so it looks balanced aesthetically.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now