Talk

Advanced search

Anyone care to chat to me about kitchen knobs?

(11 Posts)
PinkOboe Tue 02-Dec-14 18:25:38

We're putting in a second hand wooden kitchen.

It currently has plain wooden knobs and I thought I'd jujj it up a bit with some new knobs

There's a combination of drawers and cupboards. I like pewter cup type pull things. Should I use these for drawers but knobs for the doors? What about the pully put cooker extractor cupboard thing?

And do they get grimy underneath? Should I stick with all knobs?

wowfudge Tue 02-Dec-14 20:25:16

I'll hob knob with you smile. I've seen something where all the drawers and the cooker hood had pewter cup pulls (no idea if that's the right name for them) and then the cupboards had a square pewter knob. It had an arts and crafts look - wooden kitchen units - and looked lovely.

PinkOboe Tue 02-Dec-14 20:37:13

Ahh thank you wowfudge. I think that might be the kind of look I want.

I've seen a few but it's so hard to tell from an online pic of a single knob how it translates into reality

I'd like to go and wander around posh showrooms but there's none nearby and I'm very busy and important and don't see when I could fit in a trip to do that

wowfudge Tue 02-Dec-14 21:13:43

I take it your last paragraph is tongue in cheek - didn't realise it was you on the half sink thread.

Tbh I think I saw that look in B&Q when I think about it now - it was lovely and I was surprised it was so stylish.

siblingrevelryagain Tue 02-Dec-14 21:15:44

Gordon Ramsey? James Martin? I think you need to be more specific OP, there are many..

PinkOboe Tue 02-Dec-14 21:46:00

Umm yes blush I'm not really important sad

Ha. I had a series of rude dreams about Gordon Ramsey. I can't bear him but I subconscious thought otherwise

LoveVintage Tue 02-Dec-14 21:51:18

We are going to use pewter cup handles on our drawers and pewter knobs on the doors.

Why can't I type knobs without sniggering, I am 51 fgs. And I have a a scuzzy sink.

PinkOboe Tue 02-Dec-14 22:25:52

Yup. Knobs are officially very funny. I've been lolling over the knobs and pulls all afternoon.

I'd found some nice pewter cup ones on 'knobs and latches' but the ones I particularly like are discontinued. Sod's law

PinkOboe Tue 02-Dec-14 22:27:43

Are you having the same size cups (snigger) on your big drawers and little knickers ones? And two on long drawers or one in the middle?

LoveVintage Wed 03-Dec-14 19:48:23

I only have small drawers.... but would have same size handles on small and large drawers, one in middle of small, and two on the large ones.

PigletJohn Thu 04-Dec-14 17:42:01

have a look on IronmongeryDirect.

What they lack in fashionable high prices they make up for in variety and quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now