Talk

Advanced search

Pressure keeps dropping in Vokera Linea combi boiler

(8 Posts)
legoqueen Mon 01-Dec-14 21:54:21

We've noticed this over the last few days - DH repressurises it then the next morning it's very low again - this shouldn't be happening should it? We've bled the radiators & also checked them for leaks. My fear is there may be a leaky pipe 'somewhere' but how can we tell/will a plumber be able to identify where a leak is? Any other possible reasons?

PigletJohn Mon 01-Dec-14 22:02:44

have a look at the Pressure Relief pipe, which usually goes through the wall the boiler is mounted on. On the outside wall, it will be curled back on itself so that any escaping water squirts at the wall, and not at anyone standing underneath. Has it been dripping?

If not, and you can see no leaks indoors or under radiators, it may be a pipe hidden beneath the floor.

legoqueen Tue 02-Dec-14 17:52:31

Thanks PigletJohn - the relief pipe does have some water below it & the ground is a little damp (we seem to think it's usually like that though)...the pipe comes through the wall then goes down vertically to end a few inches above the ground in our side passage (probably tmi but just to give you the full picture)...

18yearstooold Tue 02-Dec-14 17:58:53

Vokera boilers are shite

Mine did the same thing when it was 2 years old and couldn't be fixed

I was not happy!

legoqueen Tue 02-Dec-14 18:12:04

To be fair, it's served us well for 11 years...am really hoping it's not terminal.

FraterculaArctica Tue 02-Dec-14 18:14:06

Mine - also Vokera - has just done the same thing. We had a new expansion valve fitted which is at least a temporary fix

PigletJohn Tue 02-Dec-14 18:27:04

legoqueen

is it a copper pipe, or plastic?

can you seen another, copper, bent, pipe up behind the boiler?

legoqueen Tue 02-Dec-14 18:57:35

It is copper. I can't see another - will take a photo & upload if that helps? Will be a bit later as bath time calls....thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now