Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for a nice slate house sign

(8 Posts)
WastingMyYoungYears Sun 30-Nov-14 13:08:42

Hi all. Does anyone have a recommendation for a nice slate house sign? I'd like '# Road Name' with both upper and lower case.

Clairej81 Sun 30-Nov-14 13:35:14

We went for a number plate in welsh slate, numbers in white. Purchased it from a slate shop in North Wales, had to order but well worth it. Nice touch as DH's family come from Wales.

WastingMyYoungYears Sun 30-Nov-14 15:23:37

That sounds perfect Claire - we like the numbers in white too.

puffylovett Mon 01-Dec-14 14:03:56

Ooh yes, subbing. Two of my neighbours have beautiful slate signs, I'm going to have to knock and find out where they came from, aren't i smile

ShangriLaLaLa Mon 01-Dec-14 14:19:26

We went with these people:

www.stonesign.com

Brilliant service - and it looks fabulous. Took DH forever to put it up, but that was more his laziness than degree of difficulty.

Would use them again with no reservation.

Clairej81 Mon 01-Dec-14 21:42:10

We got our number plate from "Inigo Jones" Slateworks near Caernarfon. They have a website and I think you can order online although we called into the shop as we were visiting family. Quality was brilliant.

MillyMollyMama Mon 01-Dec-14 22:37:23

We got ours from Delabole Slate, Cornwall.

MaliceInWonderland78 Wed 03-Dec-14 11:06:25

We got ours from the Holbeach Memorial Company. They were absolutely fantastic. The sign is exactly what we wanted. It looks great (if we do say so ourselves).

We'll defnitely have them produce another sign for the gates (when they arrive). A really friendly family-run business.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now