Advanced search

Anyone know what one of these is called?

(10 Posts)
Billybear20 Sun 30-Nov-14 02:59:23

I need one and don't know where to start without knowing what it's called! confused

Billybear20 Sun 30-Nov-14 03:01:12

Oops, this..

hankyspanky Sun 30-Nov-14 03:39:03

I should hopefully have an answer for you in the next few hours! Out of interest, what is it from?

echt Sun 30-Nov-14 05:14:38

What do want it to do, e.g. hold a screw/bolt.

wowfudge Sun 30-Nov-14 07:06:53

Do you need another one, like the one in the photo? Take it into a hardware store and see if they can match it. It looks to me like a part from some furniture. In which case, try the store you bought the item from or the manufacturer. In Ikea they have a whole wall of the bits and pieces to match up/replace for customers, located in customer services.

Billybear20 Sun 30-Nov-14 18:48:05

It's from a bunk bed to connect the ends to the base, we have 1 missing!!

TheSpottedZebra Sun 30-Nov-14 19:01:27

Maybe a dowel pin? Or cross dowel?

Do you knock a wooden dowel into the centre hole?

Try an old school hardware shop if you can, or a screwfix.

burnishedsilver Sun 30-Nov-14 20:09:44


Aethelfleda Sun 30-Nov-14 22:15:15

I think they are called Bed Bolts or Bed Bolt Fixings? My DD had a bunk bed where you pushed those into precut holes and then screwed in a bolt at ninety degrees to hold the bedframe together.

Billybear20 Tue 02-Dec-14 19:12:47

That's the ones Aethelfleda, I found one on eBay in the end by typing in bunk bed fixings.. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: