Talk

Advanced search

Gloss kitchens?

(10 Posts)
bottersnikes Sat 29-Nov-14 16:18:39

Does anyone know of/can recommend anywhere that does gloss kitchens that
a) come in colours other than white, cream, brown or grey
b) don't cost a zillion pounds

We have the red Ikea units in our utility which I love but I'm wary of putting them in our kitchen as it might overpower the space and I'm not sure if the foil will last.

Ideally I'd like a turquoise-ish blue or interesting green but I haven't been able to find any outside of any bespoke stuff.

Anyone?

Betty1980 Sat 29-Nov-14 16:50:34

Think they have an ice blue colour at wickes. ..

MoreBeta Sat 29-Nov-14 16:58:07

Saw a coffee coloured one at Wicks yesterday. It might have been described as mushroom or taupe.

I have a gloss white one. TBH they are all going to look out of date after 10 years. My friend does up expensive houses in London gets IKEA to fit the units and then bungs expensive very modern up to date coloured doors on the front.

ajandjjmum Sat 29-Nov-14 16:59:28

Magnet do a pale blue/grey that is really nice - not sure of the quality although it looked great in the showroom (not surprisingly!).

Lelivre Sat 29-Nov-14 17:05:53

Have you considered another finish, you may get more choice. I plan to go for a matte finish. I have a large gloss unit and I think it's looking rather dated already and I want to swap it out. Also I'm thinking matte doesn't show every smudge like my gloss stuff does.

annalouiseh Sat 29-Nov-14 17:41:56

The magnet and Wickes doors are also foil/vinly doors

Kieron79 Sat 29-Nov-14 19:21:41

Linda barker range at wren kitchens seem to have a wide selection

Gozogozo Sat 29-Nov-14 20:33:21

Schuller kitchens did a few different gloss colours when I went in this summer. Quality seemed good as well.

RandomMess Sat 29-Nov-14 21:47:16

Def an aqua blue in Magnet as we've ordered it!

bottersnikes Sun 30-Nov-14 15:03:07

I quite like the aqua blue one, but it's not maybe as striking as we'd like. I need to go and see it in-store to get a better idea.

Love the Schuller ones, but they're probably out of our budget!

Interesting idea of IKEA carcasses and bespoke doors; I'll talk to our builder about that one.

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now