Talk

Advanced search

Dishwasher door stuck closed

(9 Posts)
Error123 Sat 29-Nov-14 13:02:04

Well just that really. Son put a plate in and it closed and now won't open. Full of dirty dishes of cours! Have tried a flat head screw driver along the top but to no avail. It's well closed.

Any tips so I don't damage it? Need it open ASAP before it stinks!

Generic currys dishwasher non branded.

PigletJohn Sat 29-Nov-14 14:09:22

I don't know, but if you can find the model number you may be able to look up the instructions online.

Does it have a child-proof lock?

Error123 Sat 29-Nov-14 16:53:37

Thanks. No way to see model as its inside the door. No child lock at all.

Error123 Sat 29-Nov-14 16:59:18

Currys Essentials CDW45W10 Dishwasher is the model! I found it online. But still can't open it.

PigletJohn Sat 29-Nov-14 17:32:21

don't know.

It is possible for the latch to go in the closed position when open, but that prevents it shutting (you have to pull the hook out). No experience of a jammed shut door. I think it needs a mender. I expect it will be made by some large appliance manufacturer, if you roam a spare parts website like, you may find parts say "Also fits...." which will tell you the real make, possibly Kenwood or Matsui.

PigletJohn Sat 29-Nov-14 17:37:32

probably this www.espares.co.uk/product/es1571395/dishwasher-door-lock-and-handle?SearchTerm=currys%20CDW45W10

there is a video which may not help. he says it might be the hinges.

Error123 Sun 30-Nov-14 10:18:44

Thanks you. I've tried everything, think may need to call someone to open it.

PtraciDjelibeybi Sun 30-Nov-14 10:26:40

Sorry if you have already thought of this, but have you tried running it? I had a similar problem with my washing machine, but I ran it and then it opened fine (and never had the problem since)...

Error123 Sun 30-Nov-14 17:44:40

Hi Yep, I ran it,mainly because the dishes would be stinking otherwise. But no change. It's def a huge problem and not an electrical fault.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now