Talk

Advanced search

Floor tiling

(5 Posts)
deraila Fri 28-Nov-14 18:20:46

We need to get our conservatory re tiled over the current area and over an extended bit where it is concrete at the present. Its 9 sq m in total.

The tiler cant quote until next week and I'm impatient. Tiles are cheap at £15 per square metre and the tiler said he supplies the grout and adhesive.

Any ideas at how much? Im in the midlands.

Thank you!

LadyKooKoo Fri 28-Nov-14 18:58:16

We are near Birmingham and have just paid £30 a square metre for floor tiling.

deraila Fri 28-Nov-14 21:49:05

Thanks. Ive just managed to dig out my receipt for our kitchen wall tiling - 3 sq was £120, so £40 per square metre. Ouch.

sleepdodger Sat 29-Nov-14 21:56:04

About to have loads done as part of build
£25 m2 inc grout and adhesive

deraila Mon 01-Dec-14 22:01:32

I've got a rough figure from the guy who did our kitchen tiles that it could be 25 per m2 plus the grout and adhesive but he needs to see floor.
that's a good price sleep.

The the tiles I have in mind are grey ceramic with the odd swirl of brown to make them look like stone.so very budget as the room is interim until we have enough for an extended bit.

I'm planning to use up some sagey/celery soft green organic special paint on the walls because it cost an arm and a leg! The furniture is honey pine with honey rattan. How does that sound?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now