Talk

Advanced search

Anyone got Oxford Stone & London Stone

(8 Posts)
Eastwickwitch Wed 26-Nov-14 15:54:49

The very helpful F&B experts have been advising me on paint colours.

They're come up with these two which I'd never even considered. I've painted some samples & they look great together but I'm a bit nervous of it looking brown.
Any comments?

Londonbased87 Wed 26-Nov-14 16:00:36

Oxford stone looks amazing in our bathroom, more warm than brown. Always gets loads of compliments

Eastwickwitch Wed 26-Nov-14 16:10:18

Thanks London, I'm looking at the sample & it's gorgeous. The London Stone is more brown but it's for panelling, skirting & the fireplace so there won't be too much of it.

Riverland Wed 26-Nov-14 17:22:29

I've been wondering about these colours! Slightly unnerved at the thought of the brown, too. Can you say what the experts said about these colours, East?

Eastwickwitch Wed 26-Nov-14 17:31:59

The Oxford is a lovely neutrally, very slightly mushroom that looks very tasteful. The London is a very slightly browner beigey colour that's about 3 shades darker. They describe it as 'warm neutral'.
I think I'm going to go with it, it'll go with almost any soft furnishings.
There's too much grey in my home already.

Riverland Wed 26-Nov-14 18:35:04

Think they are lovely colours to live with, warm and soft. I think I'm going to use them too! Wish us both luck!

Eastwickwitch Wed 26-Nov-14 18:55:16

My samples have dried out now & look heavenly. We shall have very tasteful rooms!

Riverland Wed 26-Nov-14 22:37:11

Ooh, good to hear about the heavenly. Yum! Happiness is heavenly paint colours!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now