Talk

Advanced search

Floor paint idea

(7 Posts)
Blackeyez09 Mon 24-Nov-14 10:36:45

Hi
Has anyone used eggshell paint for interior wood on floorboards pine... Was thinking of using farrow and ball as seem some cheap on ebay... Not the dedicated floor paint just the eggshell for wood interior

Thanks

PigletJohn Mon 24-Nov-14 10:40:47

No, but I do find eggshell is very difficult to keep clean, even from grubby hands on doors.

Blackeyez09 Mon 24-Nov-14 11:30:54

Yes I'd imagine so
Thanks pj

Blackeyez09 Mon 24-Nov-14 12:28:24

Has anyone any suggestions how to achieve aged stained dark wood look for pine floorboards?? Head bursting with possibilities confused

whats4teamum Mon 24-Nov-14 19:01:31

The eggshell would not be suitable for floors. They sell a floor paint which is tougher to withstand additional wear and has a 40% sheen to make it easier to keep clean.

I would be wary of buying paint on eBay. It is a perishable product and has to be stored correctly. You won't know if it's been stuck in a shed for months.

roneik Mon 24-Nov-14 20:51:54

Sadolin wood stain

Paint will last up to 10 years outside
Down side takes quite a while to dry

Before any piglets put their two pennies worth in, this stuff is the dogs

Talking of dogs , mine earns 100$ an hour running property seminars now . It's amazing what a Jack russell will do for a biscuit or two

He is ambitious and is soon to launch a new venture to teach the plebs how to post on the internet without bragging about how many thousands they spent on a new tap washer for their never to be succeeded kitchen. grin

roneik Mon 24-Nov-14 20:52:44

www.sadolin.co.uk/products/sadolin-extra-durable-woodstain/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now