Talk

Advanced search

Getting cold feet

(4 Posts)
marthabear Mon 24-Nov-14 09:58:57

We are in the process of buying a victorian house that we always knew needed a fair amount of work doing, however the survey has come back with a few issues that we hadn't accounted for. I never really loved this house it just ticked a lot of boxes for us and after months of looking nothing else has been right. I'm now getting cold feet and have seen another house that I like the look of on Rightmove. I would like to view the house and hope that it doesn't meet our needs so that I feel more confident about the house we are in the process of buying. What I need to know is, if I tell the estate agent our details will they check with our own estate agent that we are legit? I don't really want our estate agent to know.

meadowquark Mon 24-Nov-14 13:03:29

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I bought an old house 5 years ago which ticked the boxes, but never loved it and never really settled. As a result - I have spent lots of money trying to improve, but still don't love it and want to move, what a waste of money. You can continue viewing as long as you have not exchanged. Go with your gut feeling.

Lelivre Mon 24-Nov-14 13:19:34

It's normal to feel disenchanted after receiving the survey even if you love the property IME. Why not go and see the house again, and the same day if you can, look at this other one. It will do little harm to let your EA know that you have received some disappointing feedback from the surveyor and you are considering next steps carefully.

Eastwickwitch Mon 24-Nov-14 13:25:49

Do you have to move now?
Unless work/school/finances dictate an urgent move, could you wait until you find a house that you like?
The market (round here at least) is rather flat, I think lots of people are waiting until the Spring before marketing.

Having said that, IME all surveys on older properties are a bit depressing. Could you make changes that mean you will learn to love it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now