Talk

Advanced search

sealing newly sanded parquet floor

(5 Posts)
growingweeble Fri 21-Nov-14 14:13:11

Can anyone recommend a good product to seal a freshly sanded parquet floor? I'd like something matt, which shows the natural colour of the wood rather than including a stain. It is the hallway floor so needs to be durable. Thank you!

MehsMum Fri 21-Nov-14 14:35:03

Ah! We used an absolutely brilliant two-pack one, comes in matt and gloss I think, has resisted the claws of mad manic huge dog for a year (he's dented the boards, but the varnish has held) and I can't recall the name...

Let me think, and I'll get back to you.

MehsMum Fri 21-Nov-14 14:43:26

Went and looked:
Bona Traffic HD (we got extra matt).
Easy to mix, easy to apply. Darkens the wood a bit (which I think is inevitable). On boards by back door (has resisted manic mad huge dog skidding to a halt there almost every morning for a year (and most afternoons). Has also done well on parquet, including having furniture moved across it. Seems very sun-resistant too.

The place we bought it from use it in their lobby - timber merchants, heavy use.

growingweeble Fri 21-Nov-14 15:44:17

Thank you mehsmum. Did you consider hard wax oil (Osmo, Fiddes brands)? Google search seems to imply a choice between that and Bona Traffic.

MehsMum Fri 21-Nov-14 16:38:01

No, we didn't. We took advice from a friend with connections in the building trade, looked it up online, thought yup, that'll do.
And it has, very well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now