Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have this wallpaper?...

(11 Posts)
HaveAGoodDay Fri 21-Nov-14 09:42:14

Its called 'Diva' by Barbara Hulanicki.

www.decorsupplies.co.uk/oyster-cream-beige-18103-diva-barbara-hulanicki-graham-brown-wallpaper.html

Does anyone have this wallpaper? How does it look when hung?

I really like it. Husband is a bit undecided. He says its too 'peachy'. He does like his white look. I have a sample, however its only a A4 size, so really helpful! I'd like to hang it on one wall in our lounge, which is a decent size. At the moment the all the walls are just painted white. A mauve rug lays on the laminate floor. We have ivory/cream plain-ish curtains that have tiny silver beaded swirls and light grey pvc (not my choice!) vertical blinds. A slim pine sideboard and tv unit - just to give you an idea of whats in the room. There is an electric fire, but no surround as yet! The wallpaper, if we are to get it will be hung on the wall where the electric fire sits. Our settee is a dark chocolate brown.

It is a bit in your face, but i think the room can carry it off, but in saying that i can be quite in decisive! I don't want to have it done and not like it!

HaveAGoodDay Sat 22-Nov-14 17:09:56

Anyone ? smile

wowfudge Sat 22-Nov-14 18:37:26

It's not my cup of tea tbh - it just screams Biba logo to me, although it is an art nouveau style pattern. I think you would need a big space for it to work.

HaveAGoodDay Sat 22-Nov-14 19:33:31

I didn't know what you meant by Biba, so had to google it! ha ha!

Our living room is quite a decent size so its a rather longish wall that it will be hung on. I've managed to get hold of a larger sample size, which hopefully will give us a better idea!

CurlsLDN Sat 22-Nov-14 19:35:43

Is it to go with white walls? I can't imagine it looking nice with white I'm afraid

HaveToWearHeels Sat 22-Nov-14 20:04:36

I don't have it, but I do love it and have considered it. DH is s bit more traditional so it was a no no. If you like it go for it. You could always go for a slightly warmer colour on the other walls if the white is too stark.

WantToGoingTo Sat 22-Nov-14 22:28:19

Think it would look better if you painted the walls the same creamy/peachy colour rather than white.

Not to my taste, a bit too stylised, but I think with the right accessories it could work.

lemisscared Sat 22-Nov-14 22:32:36

No. Don't like it at all. Sorry

INeedSomeHelp Sat 22-Nov-14 22:36:07

I really like it but not sure it will look right with white walls. I think they would need to be the same creamy colour as the background of the wallpaper.

Tyranasaurus Sun 23-Nov-14 07:30:30

Could you get the creamy background colour matched somewhere so you can paint a big sample of the colour on your walls?

ishouldcocoa Sun 23-Nov-14 07:53:16

I think you'd need a good ceiling height to pull this one off. Having said that I clicked on the link thinking I'd not like it, and I do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now