Talk

Advanced search

Completion certificate timescales.

(3 Posts)
8misskitty8 Thu 20-Nov-14 17:33:34

After our extension was finished, We submitted all the certificates etc. In August It was inspected and a few things came up, minor things like seals on window etc. They also wanted a letter confirming that the open pend at the back had fireproof insulation installed (Couldn't see it as it was cladded over )
Builder returned and finished everything off, sent photos which council said was fine. Letter was sent end of October, I e-mailed them saying if anything else was needed to contact me but have heard nothing since .

How long should It take to issue me with the completion certificate ?

The council seem to be taking ages.

Thanks.

RaphaellaTheSpanishWaterDog Thu 20-Nov-14 17:43:48

We recently built a kitchen extension and had some other works also requiring building regs carried out. Our work was finished in September and we had the final inspection around the middle of the month, but like you there were a couple of things that had to be completed before sign-off.

We had the work done, submitted photos etc and received our completion certificate within just over a week......but, we used an independent building inspector, not the council which I guess makes a difference.

I'd be chasing them up.....but then I'm an impatient biatch!

Marmitelover55 Thu 20-Nov-14 19:29:24

I submitted everything for our extension/remodelling and inspector came within the week and we received certificate the following week. This was the council.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now