Talk

Advanced search

Which F&B colour for sitting room in very old house

(8 Posts)
Eastwickwitch Thu 20-Nov-14 17:11:11

I've run out of steam choosing colours I almost don't care.
Bedrooms are Borrowed Light, Wimborne White & Skimming Stone. Landing, stairs & hall are Skimming Stone. Kitchen & utility are Blackened.
DH says 'no more bloody grey'. I need a neutral with a stronger colour for panelling, shelves & fireplace. Purbeck Stone looks good for the wood work but not a clue what to put with it. Floors are limestone, no curtains yet.
Not a fan of green but open to any other suggestions.

jugglingmonkey Thu 20-Nov-14 17:19:55

We have oval room blue, is lovely. Quite a strong hue, but very smart for victorian living room.

We also have pigeon in one of our bathrooms which a lovely green/grey.

Eastwickwitch Thu 20-Nov-14 20:30:53

Gorgeous colour but too daring for me.
It's an informal room with stone windows, quite light but due to the various doorways has the potential to look like a corridor.

jugglingmonkey Thu 20-Nov-14 21:46:56

Clunch is nice.

MaryShelley Thu 20-Nov-14 21:57:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Thu 20-Nov-14 22:00:52

Old white is lovely with Wimborne white for wood work and ceilings. Not sure if it would work with Purbeck Stone.

Littlefish Thu 20-Nov-14 22:02:11

I agree, Old White is lovely, but quite greenish. Gorgeous with white though. Elephants breath is great too.

MrsGolightly Thu 20-Nov-14 22:03:23

I've just done my downstairs loo, utility and pantry in Stifkey Blue and it looks incredible - but a bold choice maybe... Love Elephants breath and Skimming stone if you're going neutral but think you're maybe sick of those tones...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now