Talk

Advanced search

downstairs toilet!

(8 Posts)
Misty9 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:10:21

How do you decorate yours? I was keen for really funky wallpaper, but now thinking keep it bright but plain and get funky artwork instead?

It's absolutely tiny, cold and often smelly used by lots of toddlers. Ideas welcome grin

minipie Wed 19-Nov-14 19:33:06

I wanted to paint ours something quite bold like bright pink or deep purple, or have lovely wallpaper, but got overruled by boring DH grin

So it is plain off white, with one artwork, though it has a lovely green slate floor.

If you have lots of toddlers with grubby/wet hands in there I'd avoid fancy wallpaper unless you can keep the wallpaper above toddler height. But a bold/deep colour might work well. A friend has F&B Pelt in hers, it's dark but rather striking.

I like the idea of lots of photos in mismatched frames or lots of small mismatched mirrors. never had the patience to put together something like that myself though... Again with lots of toddlers would have to be waist height and above only.

Misty9 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:38:03

The wallpaper would be quite inaccessible to toddlers due to the boxed in electricity meter etc - but I'm being overruled too grin though mine is wanting deep orange for colour at least. I always see such lovely ideas on pinterest but I have zero diy skills, and worse decisiveness, so we still look like we live in a rented house mostly. Sigh.

fieldfare Wed 19-Nov-14 19:44:23

Umpteen toddlers in and out of ours too, and it's dead boring but functional. Mid blue tiles to waist height, sail white (warm grey hue) top half. Big signed John Woo poster of dh's and a mirror. Plain light grey blind and the same dark wood flooring from the hallway.
Boring but easy to clean!

minipie Wed 19-Nov-14 21:07:42

Oh yes, tiles or painted panelling to waist height would add interest and also make it less prone to grubby marks. I have no DIY skills either though!

Deep orange sounds rather fab. Especially if it's cold, it might create an illusion of warmth.

Shakey1500 Wed 19-Nov-14 21:18:17

Ours has a London theme and is red, black and white. Black skirting boards and windowsill, one red wall and the rest white. Tons of London based posters, abstract artwork of all different shapes and sizes hung haphazardly. Still missing a certain "something" though, not sure what grin

boxoftissues Wed 19-Nov-14 21:55:34

Ours is very dark rich rum caramel walls, dark bamboo floor, gold ceiling and crystal chandelier and mirror. A friend said it was 'sumptuous'!

LondonGirl83 Wed 19-Nov-14 22:44:09

We have Cole and Son Trees wallpaper in there on one wall with green tiles around the sink and slate flooring. Initially we had the wall all white and it looks much better now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now