Talk

Advanced search

A good quality shower?

(10 Posts)
NinaRose Tue 18-Nov-14 14:22:03

I would like a good quality shower for our new en-suite but the choice is completely mind boggling, there seem to be hundreds of showers to choose from! I would like a nice, decent sized (but not huge!) shower head fixed to the wall, separate hand held shower and a mixer valve thingy on the wall. We have good water pressure. Can anyone make a recommendation as to make and model?

PigletJohn Tue 18-Nov-14 14:54:39

Aqualisa

If you have an unvented cylinder such as a Megaflo, and money to burn on hot water, you can have a drencher. Otherwise not.

You forgot to say what you want to spend.

NinaRose Tue 18-Nov-14 17:59:32

Under £500? Is that realistic? I don't want one of those huge rain shower things, just a normal head but mounted on the wall.

Quitelikely Tue 18-Nov-14 18:20:19

Grohe. I've just had one installed but piglet john knows his stuff so I'd probably listen to him if I was pre shower!

RaphaellaTheSpanishWaterDog Tue 18-Nov-14 18:49:59

We have a Hansgrohe Axor Montreux and we are very happy with it - but you'd be looking at more than £500.....

In our shower room we have a Crosswater (iirc) and that is fine for guests/occasional use, but certainly not the quality of the Hansgrohe. Aqualisa is a good make but not sure of the pricing (we have friends with bathroom showrooms btw).....

hiccupgirl Tue 18-Nov-14 18:58:26

We have an Aqualisa one - I think it was around £600 installed with all the mixer unit, pump etc about 5 yrs ago. Expensive but it is the most amazing shower I have ever used - even posh hotel showers struggle to come close to it.

PigletJohn Tue 18-Nov-14 19:17:55

try here

Have you got a combi or a cylinder? What colour? Is there a cold tank in the loft?

Fill a bucket at the bath tap, time it, calculate how many litres per minute you get.

ThunderboltKid Tue 18-Nov-14 19:28:06

We have an aqualisa quartz digital shower...it is amazing! (We had awful pressure though, so had to have something pumped)

CointreauVersial Wed 19-Nov-14 00:02:01

Another vote for Aqualisa Quartz. We have one in our en suite and are about to put one in the family bathroom too.

NinaRose Wed 19-Nov-14 08:23:54

We've got, I think, an unvented system with a thermal tank (? it's white) that sits next to the boiler and an expansion vessel. Will do that bucket test today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now