Talk

Advanced search

Dulux paint to contrast with 'Just Walnut'

(7 Posts)
Aquarius63 Mon 17-Nov-14 10:48:46

I'm decorating my dining room and living room with Dulux shade 'Just Walnut' which I've used elsewhere - and I love!
I'm looking for a slightly darker shade to contrast with it on the living room wall with a fireplace. Thinking something heathery/mushroomy/warm grey?!?!
Any ideas??

wowfudge Mon 17-Nov-14 10:54:21

Soft truffle? We have that combination in our hall, stairs and landing with Just Walnut above the dado rail, Soft Truffle below.

Aquarius63 Mon 17-Nov-14 11:35:08

Thank you Wowfudge. I'll look at that one and get a matchpot today!

WantToGoingTo Mon 17-Nov-14 17:29:06

How about natural taupe? We are using this in our conservatory, but just walnut was a high contender!

Aquarius63 Mon 17-Nov-14 18:43:43

Thanks - Natural Taupe is one of those 'range' colours isn't it? Which number on the spectrum did you use out of interest?

WantToGoingTo Mon 17-Nov-14 20:05:38

Oh sorry just checked and got the name wrong! It is perfectly taupe - it actually looks more like french grey when painted, the colour on the outside of the pot looks like pale brown which is confsing

itsnothingoriginal Mon 17-Nov-14 20:53:03

I have 'Just Walnut' with 'Muddy Puddle' in my living room which is a lovely contrast. I have the walnut on all walls and the fireplace and the muddy puddle just on one wall. I also have it in my bedroom cos I love it so much! Really calming and neutral - goes with everything!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now