Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Integrated blinds - pros & cons

(5 Posts)
SASASI Sat 15-Nov-14 20:40:11

Any thoughts or experiences ??
Doing an extension next year - think all glass at back with patio doors.

Not sure how to 'dress' the windows but really liking idea of integrated blinds. Have only read positive reviews so far!

Marmitelover55 Sun 16-Nov-14 10:10:47

We have integrated blinds and generally happy. The mechanism for opening and closing the blinds became a bit stiff on two of the doors, and then broke. Luckily the company were happy to send the fitters round to replace at no cost to us. He said that he had never known this to happen before.... Fingers crossed it is sorted now. On the plus side - they look great and can't get dusty smile

SASASI Sun 16-Nov-14 11:10:05

Would you mind telling me the brand you have gone for? I'm in NI so actual shops probably not available here.

Did you go for magnet or remote control ? What kind of warranty did you get?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm the type of person who likes to buy good then it lasts for years & years!

Marmitelover55 Sun 16-Nov-14 12:20:44

Our blinds came fitted in the doors but had a label attached saying Uni-blinds. They are manually operated and have a magnet. The doors themselves have a 20 year insurance backed warranty but I didn't specifically ask about the blinds. Just had a quick look on the uni-blind website and it says 5 year...HTH.

SASASI Sun 16-Nov-14 17:48:50

Great info, thanks v much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now