Talk

Advanced search

help me find a spray kitchen tap with a low pressure system?

(5 Posts)
poocatcherchampion Fri 14-Nov-14 19:32:13

according to home base we have a low pressure system as we have a water tank in the loft and separate hot water tank elsewhere (and maybe some other criteria but I stopped listening).

we chose a nice spray tap there to go with our ikea domsjo sink we were hoping to fit tomorrow but apparently it won't work for us. and is out of stock else I'd have tried it anyaay

can anyone recommend a good tap with a sprayer attachment thing? I am finding it hard to buy one over the internet while barely knowing what we are looking for.

thanks!

poocatcherchampion Sat 15-Nov-14 15:38:47

bumoity bump

poocatcherchampion Sat 15-Nov-14 15:38:51

bumoity bump

PigletJohn Sat 15-Nov-14 15:56:08

you could get one, but it probably won't work very well. To get an idea, buy one of those cheap hair wash/shower attachments with rubber push-on hoses.

I have a 3-story house and get quite reasonable shower pressure on the ground floor.

PigletJohn Sat 15-Nov-14 15:59:22

have a look at Plumbworld who often have good prices and decent quality.

I doubt you will find one as good as a Bristan but have a look round. Imported taps are generally designed for higher pressures than British ones.

It is quite easy to fit a new tap before the sink goes in, and much more work to change it afterwards, unless you have five hands, fingers two feet long, and eyes on flexible stalks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now