Talk

Advanced search

A good cream/ beige colour from dulux

(8 Posts)
whataboutbob Fri 14-Nov-14 14:49:40

Hello all. Now I realise ths is a very first world problem, but I've painted my bathroom Jasmine White from Dulux and it's not looking right. The problem is the tiles in there are beige, nearly a cappuchino colour and the walls look too pale. Is almond white darker? What about natural hessian? Any recommendations for a darker cream would be welcome, especially if it is in the bathroom colours range.

wowfudge Fri 14-Nov-14 16:01:40

What about Natural Wicker?

CrapBag Fri 14-Nov-14 19:42:09

When i saw your title I was coming to say natural Hessian. We had it in our old front room and kitchen and will be using it in our new house as we love it. Its not cream but its not too beige. It really is a great colour. It sounds like it would go with your tiles.

We have done a tester of natural wicker for my DS's bedroom and its what we are going with but its definitely very light and not at all beige. I don't think it would look right with your tiles.

wowfudge Fri 14-Nov-14 22:23:25

We've got a whole room painted in natural wicker - I'd disagree.

whataboutbob Sat 15-Nov-14 09:48:15

Hello all. Well I tried almond white, natural whicker, natural hessian and natural calico and am going with the later. It's amazing the difference between painting it on a piece of papaer and sticking to the wall, and painting it in situ. The Calico was yellow on the paper, and completely cappuchino coloured on the wall. Go figure. I have to say that on my bathroom wall natural hessian had a pink tinge so it didn't really work, but in the right space I think it would be a very handsome colour. Thanks again for the suggestions.

elinorjane Sat 15-Nov-14 10:19:18

I've got Almond White, Natural Hessian and Egyptian Cotton in my house. Like all three.

CrapBag Sat 15-Nov-14 20:55:03

We have natural calico in our newly decorated front room. It was not as cream as the others we tried but its definitely not cappuccino although the exact shade varies depending on time of day and light. At the moment its very light and cream looking. And natural Hessian is definitely not pink. Are you sure your bathroom light works properly grin.

whataboutbob Mon 17-Nov-14 12:49:19

Yes CB i think I am mixing up my natural Hessian and Natural Whicker. I think it's the whicker that has the pink undertones.
Anyway have put 2 coats on of the N Calico and will do a 3rd and final one on my next day off. It looks nice, not cappuccino, a bit like wet sand, warm and reflects light nicely.
Paint is really quite fascinating! (and I'm not being sarcastic, it's amazing how it can enhance a space)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now