Talk

Advanced search

Do I need to replace all doors?

(8 Posts)
refinnejk Fri 14-Nov-14 11:11:08

I would like to replace a set of traditional style glazed French doors and a solid kitchen door with glazed contemporary style doors. The kitchen is very contemporary. They both lead off the hallway, which also has two other doors in a traditional white 6 panel style. Do I need to replace all doors to match same style. Or since the two new ones will be glazed and different anyway, does it really matter? Please don't say it's my choice and depends whether I would like it, I want to know your opinion if you have one! Especially if you consider yourself 'in the know' on things like this, as I certainly am not! Am considering a Shaker style glazed doors, and Pattern 10 (one big piece of glass). All doors will be painted white as floor will be walnut dark brown. Any others to consider?

burnishedsilver Fri 14-Nov-14 17:44:01

I was in the same dilemma. In the end I replaced all the downstairs doors. Now that it's done I realise that I didn't really need to. The fully glazed shaker door kind of goes with anything. Why not replace 2 and see how it looks? If you're not happy you can replace the remaining 2.

refinnejk Fri 14-Nov-14 17:56:52

Thank you for replying. Do you have white doors? I can't envisage how the shaker doors will look. They never look good on websites because the glass can't be pictured well and the shops seem to have primed doors which don't look good because they're not finished. I'm not good at visualising! Do they look contemporary? I think oak doors always look good but they won't look good with a dark wood floor (I don't think!)

burnishedsilver Fri 14-Nov-14 19:13:45

Yes they're white. I have one clear glass, one opaque glass and 3 with no glass. The solid shaker door are growing on my but I thought at first that I'd !afe a mistake. They're quite bland. I'm very happy with the glass doors.

burnishedsilver Fri 14-Nov-14 19:24:21

Glass door to kitchen.

The living room has a white shaker door and a dark wood floor. Theres a crowd of teenagers in there at the moment. I'll take a picture later so you can see how it looks with the wood.

refinnejk Fri 14-Nov-14 20:12:59

Ah that looks lovely! So different to the photos on the shop sites as they don't often take photos in actual rooms.

burnishedsilver Fri 14-Nov-14 23:17:19

refinnejk Sun 16-Nov-14 21:09:27

Thank you so much for posting your photos. The doors look lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now