Talk

Advanced search

Packing boxes

(5 Posts)
Cambiodenombre Thu 13-Nov-14 22:38:56

Hi

Please can someone recommend packing boxes? Can buy via removals company but not sure if can get cheaper online.

Thanks

wowfudge Fri 14-Nov-14 06:38:42

We bought some on eBay, but our removal company included a set number of boxes in their price. The boxes they included slotted together with no need for tape and were recycled from previous moves - they were German judging by the printing and writing on them.

TranquilityofSolitude Fri 14-Nov-14 06:44:09

We bought a pack of mixed boxes from here, I think:

www.packingboxes.co.uk/jumbo-house-moving-pack/

They were very sturdy and we didn't have any breakages, but I don't think the first pack was sufficient and we did end up ordering more later.

peteneras Fri 14-Nov-14 09:19:03

I collected mine nightly free from Tesco's over a few months and they were really nice strong lovely boxes of all sizes (private move). After the move I regretted having to discard them as they were still very much reusable.

specialsubject Fri 14-Nov-14 11:01:06

Try your local freecycle and move quickly. You might also get packing materials too. I did my whole move with freecycle and regular supermarket scrounges, just had to buy lots of packing tape.

no need to discard afterwards - put them back on freecycle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now