Talk

Advanced search

Cost to decorate bedroom

(5 Posts)
owainsmum Thu 13-Nov-14 19:45:28

So DS is soon going to move into the bedroom which is our guest room at the moment, and baby DD will have his current bedroom. I want to redecorate the room for him and although I'm not bad at painting I just can't see when I'll have the time to do it. So I was thinking about getting a painter in to do it but have no idea how much it would be likely to cost. It's an average size double room and would need ceiling, walls and woodwork (2 windowsills, skirting boards, door and architrave) all painted. Can anyone tell me how much it might cost, I'm in the south east if that makes it more expensive any difference

mandy214 Thu 13-Nov-14 21:41:43

I think its difficult. I would say maybe£ 300-500 depending how much prep is required for woodwork/ plaster etc and whether you can get a deal.

owainsmum Thu 13-Nov-14 21:59:45

Thanks for the reply, the walls are pretty good so won't need much prep, and the woodwork would probably just need a light sanding.

Misty9 Thu 13-Nov-14 22:01:34

Depends on how good your painter is. It cost us £800 for our living room to be decorated, but that included one day on our double sliding doors and I think he was £240 per day - and a perfectionist! We're east of England.
I'm going to allocate a £1k budget for our room, but that includes floor sanding and built in wardrobes.

Ihatemytoes Fri 14-Nov-14 08:26:41

We paid £475 to get our living room painted, including lining paper, ceilings and woodwork. We're in SE London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now