Talk

Advanced search

Floor paint - little green or farrow and ball?

(11 Posts)
JugglingChaotically Thu 13-Nov-14 19:33:54

Lots of stairs, lots of children - which is more robust? Thanks!

trixymalixy Thu 13-Nov-14 19:36:42

The farrow and ball floor paint we bought was completely and utterly useless. No idea about little green.

JugglingChaotically Thu 13-Nov-14 20:22:57

Oh no Trixy. Sorry to hear that.
What happened. Did you paint over with something else?

FriedSprout Thu 13-Nov-14 20:31:05

I've only used Little Greene wall paint, but was very impressed with the coverage and depth.

trixymalixy Thu 13-Nov-14 21:11:35

We spent a frigging fortune on floor paint. We tried some Eco stuff before the F&B paint, both of which we had to strip off and we ended up finally with diamond hard floor paint which I think is by Ronseal and was far superior.

I love F&B wall paint so was very disappointed.

JugglingChaotically Thu 13-Nov-14 21:16:50

Trixy. Sounds grim. Glad you found an answer. We need it on steps. Was Ronseal slippy?

Tyranasaurus Fri 14-Nov-14 06:55:39

I've used Little Greene and was really impressed with it.

It was intended as a quick make do job before we got round to properly sanding and varnishing the floors, so absolutely no prep, just slapped it on on top of the existing mix of varnish/paint/bare wood. It's held up really well and I'm perfectly happy leaving the floors as they are.

One thing to note is when it says 'stir before use' it does mean it. I didn't the first time and ended up with patches that were glossier than others.

idtwinplustoddlermum Fri 14-Nov-14 06:59:49

We are renovating a house and recently two different professional painter/ decorators have let out a huge sigh when the F and B has come out, both saying it's over-rated rubbish.

Nepotism Fri 14-Nov-14 20:54:08

If you're not after an unusual colour, International Floor Paints are excellent and only about £15 on ebay for 2.5 litres.

LilMissSunshine9 Sat 15-Nov-14 20:06:46

I am with Fried, only used wall paint but a dream to put on. Also had to stir it quite well so I would have confidence that their other paint types are just as good.

JugglingChaotically Sun 16-Nov-14 08:56:01

Thanks. Will look at little green and int floor paints.
Had chosen f&b colours for walls but will look at little green now too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now