Talk

Advanced search

Can you unbend a plug pin?

(4 Posts)
BabCNesbitt Thu 13-Nov-14 10:19:45

Ordered a lamp through Amazon Marketplace and when it arrived today, one of the pins on the plug was so bent that I can't even remove the plastic cover. Can't seem to bend it back into place either, though I'm not sure if that would even be safe.

It's pretty heavy, so I'd prefer not to return it if I don't have to. I don't know if the plug can be replaced (it's one of those ones that's got the black ridges where it joins the cable, iykwim) but is it worth going at the pin with pliers?

Viviennemary Thu 13-Nov-14 10:24:21

No I wouldn't. In any case it might break completely. I know it's a pain but just send it back. You shouldn't have to pay postage but not sure about whether you do with the marketplace. If you e-mail them theymight send a courier to pick it up if they have a contract with a firm.

wowfudge Thu 13-Nov-14 10:39:11

If it were me, I would just cut off the plug and fit a new one.

BabCNesbitt Thu 13-Nov-14 15:03:02

Messaged the seller and they'll send out a new base, so I should be able to have a lovely hippy glow in my living room fairly soon. Thanks for replies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now