Talk

Advanced search

Recommend your composite door?

(9 Posts)
HungryH Thu 13-Nov-14 07:38:31

Would you recommend your composite door? And the door company? Don't love the look of upvc doors... I'm thinking the composite doors might be a better security option than a wooden door? I would like pale green or white. It won't match the plastic windows but I care not...

Greencheese Thu 13-Nov-14 08:15:19

We've just ordered a Chartwell green composite door. It's being fitted in 3 weeks, can't wait! There's a flimsy old wooden door there now that's cold and makes me feel unsafe.

Jcee Thu 13-Nov-14 08:20:24

We've just had a solidor composite door fitted in oak - feels strong, secure, is about a million times warmer in hallway and looks amazing!

Monica101 Thu 13-Nov-14 09:32:08

I'm in the process of getting a composite door. I'm going for a Rock door. I'm also likely going for a light green.

Do you know what style of door you want?

Ihatemytoes Thu 13-Nov-14 12:03:22

We have a Rockdoor. It's lovely. Ours is in Anthracite grey.

HungryH Sat 15-Nov-14 07:27:08

Will look both of those companies up thanks. Yup- I also like Chartwell Green... Or white or black, can't decide. A friend told me there was no real warmth / noise difference between double & triple glazing- is that right?

HungryH Sat 15-Nov-14 08:06:24

Thanks - yes I like Solidor - I like the Tenby, Ludlow style,.. how much did you pay for your doors please?

Monica101 Sat 15-Nov-14 10:04:47

My quote is for a Rockdoor and it's £1365, that's for the Newark or Illinois style. I think they are all much the same though.

Has anyone had a Solidor quote?

HungryH Wed 19-Nov-14 08:52:18

Awaiting a quite from Rockdoor now... seems to be taking a while for some reason...Hopefully Solidor will be quicker.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now