Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you have a quooker....

(14 Posts)
arseyfarcey Mon 10-Nov-14 12:11:13

... is it on the right or the left corner of your sink if you're right handed? (Confused how I'll use it and I don't have it here yet but worktop being templated tomorrow.)

Thank you!

fanjolina Mon 10-Nov-14 12:24:54

Ours is on right hand side. Would be awkward on left side as righthanders I think

(Assuming design of Quooker is same as the one we bought 6 years ago)

DrElizabethPlimpton Mon 10-Nov-14 12:32:37

Ours is on the far side of the sink and the regular tap - also a Quooker- to the right. It is brilliant btw.

arseyfarcey Mon 10-Nov-14 12:33:34

Brilliant thank you both - right hand side it is smile

ReallyBadParty Mon 10-Nov-14 12:36:11

Just to cause trouble, I had one on the right, but actually might have been better on the left, as it was sometimes awkward to hold the pan with my left hand when filling it and carrying to cooker.

I vowed if I got another one I'd have it on the left. I am right handed.

Pinkje Mon 10-Nov-14 12:41:26

I'm having one but not by the sink. It will be close enough to the hob that i can fill a pan there without having to move it. I do need a separate drain but that's a small compromise.

Pinkje Mon 10-Nov-14 12:41:46

And it is to the right hand side of the hob.

ReallyBadParty Mon 10-Nov-14 13:15:19

That, pinkje, is a genius idea.

cheerupandhaveaglassofwine Mon 10-Nov-14 17:21:16

Right hand side, close by and just overhanging sink

Best thing we ever fitted to the kitchen, no more waiting for the kettle for coffee, and quite useful for filling pans too

newkitchen Mon 08-Dec-14 15:00:23

Why would you not want it by the sink? Is it because your hob is quite a way from sink?

We are going to have a quooker on the Left hand side of a double sink with the regualar mixer in the middle.

Deux Mon 08-Dec-14 15:08:22

You can pull up my Quooker tap quite a bit so I can place a pan on the worktop and fill it that way.

It extends quite a bit, at least 12 inches.

Here I have drainer on the left, half sink, full sink, worktop on the right. Quooker is on the right hand side of the sink.

newkitchen Mon 08-Dec-14 15:21:48

Ah yes I forgot the quooker is extendable!

SanityClause Mon 08-Dec-14 15:29:55

We have the Franke Minerva, which has both a boiling water tap, and a mixer tap, on the same spout.

It has a seperate sink, which is opposite the hob, so I can easily use it to fill pans, and drain them. The coffee and tea making things are in the cupboard below that sink.

The other sink has one and a half bowls, with a mixer tap, and an extendible spray attachment which I have never used, but DH thought it was a good idea.

SanityClause Mon 08-Dec-14 15:31:28

Sorry, just seen that you will have made the decision long ago...

I hope you're enjoying your new kitchen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now