Talk

Advanced search

Electric Underfloor Heating Recommendations Please

(7 Posts)
LazyDoll Mon 10-Nov-14 11:52:27

Hi,
As the title says really.
We have built a conservatory and are planning to lay Karndean wooden flooring and are after recommendations of the above to go under it.
No water system comments please as would require building regulations so not possible.
Much appreciated.
Thanks x

PigletJohn Mon 10-Nov-14 12:17:20

if you are going for electric heating in a conservatory, the best option is to have lots of money. Running costs will be very high.

LazyDoll Mon 10-Nov-14 12:32:48

Thanks that's really helpful hmm

annalouiseh Mon 10-Nov-14 16:47:18

we have used these 3 times but on self laying cables under tile.
its not that expensive to run once you work out the way you want it

www.ambient-elec.co.uk/shop/thermolam-heating-kits--wood--laminate-floors/32/?r=32;

InsertUsernameHere Mon 10-Nov-14 21:03:06

I've used Devi mat for a small area in a kitchen. Also has radiator so UFH was to take the chill off the tiles. Monitor your use and electricity consumption. I know several people that just turned theirs off after the first electric Bill. Curious that wet UFH would require building regs?

LazyDoll Tue 11-Nov-14 09:58:37

Thanks for the above suggestions.
A friend has also recommended Devi so we are looking at those now.
The heating needs to be independent from the house to not require building regs and if we used a water system it would be plumbed in with houses existing system InsertUser or so I believe!

PolterGoose Wed 12-Nov-14 08:01:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now