Talk

Advanced search

light grey silver carpet in living room?

(9 Posts)
welshrarebitontheside Sun 09-Nov-14 23:02:28

To match into black sofas and metallic feature wallpaper, very light grey walls. Wonder if it's overkill - or too cold. Lots of shades of grey in house! Would oatmeal be a better choice?

welshrarebitontheside Mon 10-Nov-14 08:11:08

Anyone help?

flipchart Mon 10-Nov-14 08:14:17

I would go for grey.

welshrarebitontheside Mon 10-Nov-14 08:45:38

Thanks. If did oatmeal would change colour scheme accordingly but would still have black seteee.

flipchart Mon 10-Nov-14 10:25:30

In my middle room I have a black settee and a grey metallic fine stripe wallpaper with small flecks of Lilian in. I have put a grey carpet there nd it looks great. An oatmeal one would look odd IMO. Almost like you haven't quite finished the room, just got to get a carpet!

welshrarebitontheside Mon 10-Nov-14 14:08:36

Doing things upside down ......haven't even got a paint or wallpaper chosen yet lol. Thanks for your feedback - room sounds lovely. I'm thinking jewel colours accessories and accents on cushions to warm it up and maybe a slightly warmer grey tone on the walls. Just had a moment of panic as same grey carpet in bedroom and we have silvery wallpaper in dining room. Oatmeal seems more versatile but harder with a black couch.

arseyfarcey Mon 10-Nov-14 14:15:58

We have a really warm grey carpet - the colour is called 'glamorous' by victoria carpets. Some lights it looks grey, others more oatmeal, others more mauve. It might suit what you want

flipchart Mon 10-Nov-14 14:30:47

I have to say there is no Lillian in my wallpaper! I'm sure you guessed I meant lilac!

flipchart Mon 10-Nov-14 14:38:19

Oatmeal is great with a black couch! Like I said its grey and lilac in my middle room but my front room has two x3 setter black settee with oatmeal carpet. I have a beige wallpaper with subtle squiggles on. I have kept this look for a while now. Currently it has a navy/ beige/ lightblue carpet and turquoise and navy accessories. Previously it has been sage green , it's also had a red rug with red accessories ( such as a red glass bowl.

I love both rooms. The middle room is my favourite because it is snug but I can change the living room so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now