Talk

Advanced search

Building control / regs

(2 Posts)
Gemma77 Sun 09-Nov-14 17:28:17

We are hoping to exchange contracts in the next few days. There has been a slight hold up whilst we were waiting on answers to our solicitor enquiries, which included asking for the building regulation certificate for an extension over the garage.

I'm worried that the delay is because perhaps they don't have the completion certificate. Our sellers did not do the extension themselves as they bought the house in 2012 and the extension was done by the previous owners in 1998.

I've just had a look on the council website and can see that planning permission was agreed. Under the building control website it confirms status as 'building work complete' and the building control decision as 'passed'.

Does this means there are building reg completion cents for the extension (or at least copies available)? Or is this something different?

If there are no building regs certificates then we have to decide if we go for an indemnity policy (after getting a builder to check structurally safe) - so I didn't want to call the council to check.

Thanks

Lelivre Sun 09-Nov-14 20:40:56

I would feel rest assured by what is shown online; that certs will be available. If they are lost the council will likely email them another copy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now