Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me find a new cooker

(9 Posts)
Trapper Sun 09-Nov-14 17:04:28

I'm looking for a new stand-alone cooker. Gas hob with electric oven. About £400 to spend.

It should be pretty simple, but I am struggling because I need one with a 13amp plug, whereas most of them seem to be of the 32amp wired-in variety.

Any suggestions?

wowfudge Sun 09-Nov-14 21:21:22

How about a gas cooker instead? I grew up with electric ovens and hobs but eventually bought a house with gas supply only for the cooker. I bought a double gas oven (top oven is grill or smaller second oven) with gas hob.

Absolutely loved it and miss now we have a built in electric oven (13amp) with gas hob. I think the oven is poor and hate the grill not being separate.

RaisingSteam Sun 09-Nov-14 21:56:07

Don't electric ovens and grills draw too much power to have a 13 amp plug?

Mine is a Cannon Harrogate, it's a great cooker I love it, but I just looked in the manual. The oven and grill together are rated 4.4kW which would draw <does quick sum> 18 amps? And melt your cable.

Hence the 32 rated supply for cookers.

RaisingSteam Sun 09-Nov-14 21:57:13

You would need to go for an all-gas cooker but I still recommend the Cannons. Does your kitchen not have a cooker socket?

Trapper Mon 10-Nov-14 12:54:02

No, sadly it doesn't. I've found a few, but they all seem to be over £500.
I have an all has cooker now, but really want an electric fan assisted oven.

Pinny22 Mon 10-Nov-14 15:24:11

can i piggyback? have exactly the same problem so very grateful for any ideas! possibly have a little more to spend as have gift vouchers if we buy from John Lewis...

TalkinPeace Mon 10-Nov-14 17:07:35

I did not know you were allowed plug in cookers any more

PolterGoose Mon 10-Nov-14 18:32:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pinny22 Tue 11-Nov-14 17:31:56

thanks PolterGoose

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now