Talk

Advanced search

2015 projection

(21 Posts)
Foxbiscuitselection Sun 09-Nov-14 00:37:24

Continuing from my last thread which generally painted a picture of a static market with some exceptions at the moment.

Will the property market heat up in 2015? Will there be lots if movement next year? Interested to hear opinions.

Looking back to early 2014, things heated up February.

Foxbiscuitselection Sun 09-Nov-14 00:38:08

After many slow years

Eastwickwitch Sun 09-Nov-14 09:16:33

EA told me that the GE in May will make lots of buyers weary.

whitechocolatestars Sun 09-Nov-14 09:33:09

Our area had gone up very fast this year and many people are expecting it to slow in 2015 as it corrects itself.

An interesting indicator for me is seeing properties coming back on the market now after agreeing offers earlier in the year which have fallen through. Round here, some sellers are having to accept up to 5% less than the spring due to the drop in demand and expected slow down ahead.

I know there are always deals to be done in autumn but compared to this time last year when EA were telling people to wait for the right price as they were confident that demand would increase, it paints a very different picture and potentially one that says a correction is already being priced in.

Overall though, it still seems to be heading in the right direction LT.

PigletJohn Sun 09-Nov-14 14:00:08

" it still seems to be heading in the right direction LT"

You mean, constant inflation in prices has stopped?

HaveToWearHeels Sun 09-Nov-14 14:27:10

If I knew the answer I would be a millionaire. Personally I like prices to level out next year, however I still things priced right will sell and don't expect a slow market or a drop. After many months of over inflated prices due to people rushing to buy I think the market it finding it's feet.

RCheshire Sun 09-Nov-14 14:52:19

It may be that we see sudden price drops in 2015, but I'd far rather see gradual falls (e.g. -2% in real-terms per year) for the foreseeable future.

roneik Sun 09-Nov-14 20:17:02

The market isn't finding it's feet, it just fell on it's arse

Not doom or the end of the world

We are in the beginning of a property crash, most are in denial
#Me I am out spending on other things, grin brmmm brmmm bmw cash

roneik Sun 09-Nov-14 20:18:47

In do hope that all the rabbits dont get stuck in my headlightsgrin

roneik Sun 09-Nov-14 20:22:11

As for inflation it's fucking greed not inflation that will sort those fwits that paid at the top of the pyramid scam

roneik Sun 09-Nov-14 20:26:58

All buy to fretters should google wipeout that old 60s record
Cos you will be humming it soon grin may they all end up selling the big issue

roneik Sun 09-Nov-14 20:45:40

Music to crash to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsjcyKQpMKk

littlemonkeyface Sun 09-Nov-14 20:51:26

IMHO London is not likely to change much with 'problem' properties losing their appeal, but desirable properties in good school catchment areas still selling well at a good price.

Also more money is likely to leave London as the big gains are over so Home Counties and desirable coastal towns may still see slight increases.

TalkinPeace Sun 09-Nov-14 20:53:03

House prices will stagnate for many, many years
but in central London, foreign cash will continue to distort the market

roneik Sun 09-Nov-14 21:02:02

The only areas that might see increase are the cheaper areas of the north.

4 months now property has dropped in price and more regulation regarding mortgage approval has kicked in. Add to that the fear factor of 2015 election, plus wages not even keeping up with cost of living. Then factor in all the negative of UKIP or withdrawal from EU

Thousands demonstrated today in trafalgar square against austerity, did you see that on the news (answer) NO

We are living in a new dimension , somewhere between pig troughs, swill and untruths

People are uneasy
You heard it from me first , it's crashing as I type

roneik Sun 09-Nov-14 21:16:31

Wake up you lot

All supermarkets bar Aldi Lydil are losing trade big time
Even M and S have like for like down

The economy requires most of the population to participate for it to prosper,
aint happening and you are now seeing payback for corporate and property speculator greed

Next year will see only an increase in social disorder IMO not property prices

Foxbiscuitselection Mon 10-Nov-14 14:49:38

White I've noticed that too. A surge of properties whose sales have fallen through.

I'm expecting politics to effect the housing market this year. Difficult to predict when's a good time to sell.

roneik Tue 11-Nov-14 15:38:42

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l482T0yNkeo

Betsy003 Tue 11-Nov-14 19:49:07

Well we've been in a property dip since 2007 with lots of negative equity. Markets been a bit rubbish here except for the first half of 2014. Hard to predict 2015, although if you are wanting to move house traditionally the new year is the time to try. We want to downsize and will probably go on the market march?

itsnothingoriginal Tue 11-Nov-14 21:08:29

I watch the local housing market a lot and we have not seen big rises here at all and we're in the SW! Prices are mostly below 2007 levels and a 3 bed detached costs around 200k. Compared to nearby Bristol prices (which are silly) I think prices are really variable even across regions!

Some areas will always be desirable and pent up demand surely means a big fall in prices will not happen in those areas at least. I'm expecting to hear about price falls in some areas and I do agree that economic uncertainty, despite the recent Tory ramping will also hit the market next year.

wowfudge Thu 13-Nov-14 10:52:59

If you are thinking of selling next year, I would get the house on the market well in advance of the general election.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now