Talk

Advanced search

Electric stove fire

(3 Posts)
Frazzledbutloveit Fri 07-Nov-14 18:57:17

Does anyone have experience of either the dimplex chevalier or warmlite wl46001c, both 2000w and both cream? I want a real woodburner but at the moment can't for a number of reasons (one being I don't have £1800 to line the chimney). I still need to add warmth to my living room which is freezing! I'm new to all of this so please be gentle ;-) x

Betty1980 Fri 07-Nov-14 19:12:03

Following. I'd like one. anyone know the clearance distance from furniture?

wowfudge Sat 08-Nov-14 06:57:29

I've never thought those things seemed very efficient - quite noisy, especially on higher settings, and no appreciable heat felt unless on high and sitting very close to it, but I don't know if I have experience of those specific models.

Is it for use as the only heat source or in addition to, say, central heating? If it's the only heat source you want something efficient and economical to run. In our living room we have a fireplace and no fire. Having looked into it, we decided not to install a gas fire or stove and just put the central heating on for longer in the evenings because of the cost of installation and running vs. the efficiency of them for heating.

We have central heating but part of our cellar doesn't have any radiators. During the winter I have an oil filled radiator on in the cellar corridor (under the ground floor hallway) just on low. It takes the chill off and helps keep the house warm. Seems to be quite economical to run.

Someone with more technical knowledge on energy use and heat given out will probably be along soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now