Talk

Advanced search

Mortgage been 'referred' - is it over??

(11 Posts)
CrystalVision77 Fri 07-Nov-14 15:27:58

Mortgage application made Monday through broker to Nationwide. NW came back to broker and advised it's gone to 'refer' and DH needs to provide info from October (pay slip, bank statement etc...)

Has anyone got any experience of this? Is it just a precautionary/standard measure or is this heading for a refusal??

msfreud Fri 07-Nov-14 16:32:39

Mine was initially referred too and I am now happily living in my new house. smile

tywysogesgymraeg Fri 07-Nov-14 16:35:20

Shouldn't be a problem, as long as you have the info they need. You just need to prove your income is what you say it is.

Mercedes519 Fri 07-Nov-14 16:38:29

Just means that they don't have enough information to make a decision automatically so your application will be looked at by a person using the information you provide - from what it sounds - to confirm your income.

Quite normal procedure and fingers crossed it will go through!

CrystalVision77 Sat 08-Nov-14 16:31:14

Thanks guys, just having the normal panic. We're FTB's so haven't been through this before. All paperwork now sent to the broker and fingers/toes/eyes firmly crossed.

FluffyMcnuffy Sun 09-Nov-14 15:44:10

Mine was referred with NW and subsequently declined <not helpful>

HaveToWearHeels Sun 09-Nov-14 19:16:08

NW are notoriously fussy, so I wouldn't worry just yet.

CrystalVision77 Tue 11-Nov-14 22:05:46

Fluffy (or anyone else) - if a mortgage application is declined, what next? Can we approach another lender?

RunningOutOfIdeas Tue 11-Nov-14 22:40:11

Are you using a properly independent broker? I am surprised a broker went with NW - they have become very fussy and turn everyone that has anything slightly unusual in their circumstances. Our broker said he does not recommend them any more. If you are turned down your broker should have a panel of alternatives. We ended up with a NatWest mortgage. They were prepared to lend us more than 2x what NW would and rate through the broker was better than we could get by going direct.

HaveToWearHeels Wed 12-Nov-14 08:49:17

Agree with Running with all the stricter criteria now, going through a independent broker is the only way. They can save you a lot of time and anxiety. They know who will lend to you and you circumstances, they know how to complete the paperwork to please the lender. We have BTL's and are quite "unique" as a borrower but have never had a problem. Our broker know us pretty well by now so know exactly who to approach and who to avaoid. Funnily NW are always on the "avoid" list grin

FluffyMcnuffy Wed 12-Nov-14 19:43:13

Yes you can, we subsequently got one with someone else about a week later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now