Talk

Advanced search

DIY/outdoor vacuum, can anyone recommend?

(7 Posts)
mouselittle Fri 07-Nov-14 13:14:52

Just what the title says really. looking for a vacuum cleaner that can be used outdoors for vacuuming up small garden debris, grit etc from my drive and artificial grass. would also be used to vacuum the car.
I've noticed karcher do a wet and dry vacuum but it hasn't got very good reviews on amazon.

specialsubject Fri 07-Nov-14 13:58:33

for the car, a small hand vacuum will do. shake out the mats.
er...you don't vacuum the garden! You sweep it!

mouselittle Fri 07-Nov-14 14:07:42

sweeping isn't doing the job I'm afraid. I have tarmac on the drive and it's impossible to get grit out of the crevices. ditto for debris from trees on my artificial grass.

burnishedsilver Fri 07-Nov-14 14:31:07

Some leaf blowers can be set to suck rather than blow.

PigletJohn Fri 07-Nov-14 14:54:27

I still have an Aquavac (brand name seems to be deceased) canister vac, wet and dry. This sort of thing is very popular with builders, it will suck up plaster dust, broken brick, socks, water. Domestic vacs are easily ruined by builders.

There are a few quite expensive brands, but I would tend to get a cheap Titan or possibly one from Aldi or Lidl when they have one. I think mine is about 60 litre size. They are unreasonably noisy for use indoors.

With cheap power tools, look for a long guarantee, and consider that if it lasts for two years you've had your money's worth.

Get a spare canister filter (waterproof) which you can brush clean or even wash, and the huge paper bags if you are going to be sucking plaster or cement dust, or leaves, which will quickly clog the cartridge. It will easily handle grit. Very powerful suction and will do the car.

PigletJohn Fri 07-Nov-14 14:58:01

try this link

www.screwfix.com/c/auto-cleaning/vacuums/cat810152#category=cat810212&sort_by=price

mouselittle Fri 07-Nov-14 15:07:28

thankyou piglet that is what I was looking for and much cheaper than the karcher one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now