Talk

Advanced search

hmm what to do next - re kitchen

(2 Posts)
trolleycoin Thu 06-Nov-14 11:24:58

After over 2 years of discussion and debate, the housebuilders have accepted that they didn't do part of the build properly and that they will rectify it. However in order to rectify it, the kitchen ceiling needs to come down, in order to access the issue from underneath. This is going to be an almighty mess, especially as kitchen cupboards will have to come off the wall, worktops be cut out, floor lifted, pipes moved e.t.c. and my kitchen will be out of action for a while.

I've seen the list of remedial works that NHBC have said are required, but wondered if MNers had knowledge/experience of this before I ring insurance company helpline as a) we can't live in a house with no kitchen, in winter, with a little boy (plus all open plan so basically means all downstairs is going to be a mess) b) whilst it is great that they are going to do the work, I'm going to be left with a messed up kitchen that will need fixing.

Whilst I don't expect them to give me a new swanky kitchen, am I being unreasonable to think that they should at least repair the kitchen to make it functional and clean until I can save up for a new one?

poocatcherchampion Thu 06-Nov-14 15:03:34

I'd be asking for compensation to either make good the kitchen or pay for you to rent elsewhere tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now