Talk

Advanced search

Long or short curtains

(10 Posts)
Levantine Wed 05-Nov-14 21:39:00

In a very small room would you have curtains to the floor, or to the bottom of the window? In a bigger room I would always have them to the floor, but I think it might look odd in a really tiny one. It is a box room, and really not much bigger than a cupboard.

PrimalLass Wed 05-Nov-14 22:53:11

Get a blind instead?

AnnOnymity Wed 05-Nov-14 23:02:25

In a box room just short ones, unless it is a very cold room.

PigletJohn Thu 06-Nov-14 08:56:28

If there is a radiator under the window, definitely short curtains.

IMO long curtains look better in a larger room.

Levantine Thu 06-Nov-14 18:28:08

Thanks, you have all confirmed my instinct that they should be short

Greencheese Thu 06-Nov-14 18:57:57

I saw this of it helps atall.

Phoenixfrights Thu 06-Nov-14 21:59:00

Blind: short curtains look dated IMO.

Levantine Thu 06-Nov-14 22:36:44

I know Phoenix, they can look like a caravan can't they. These ones are lovely though sad

RaisingSteam Fri 07-Nov-14 13:17:53

I'd go for a Roman blind or short curtains - in a small room nobody sits and admires the proportions of the window treatment. But it would be annoying if the curtains kept dragging on furniture or there wasn't room to put something under the window.

omama Fri 07-Nov-14 13:40:14

I find it depends on the proportions of the window & distance from window sill to floor. We have very tall & narrow (sash) windows, the sills are approx. 12" from the floor. In our smallest room we tried going with shorter curtains & it looked ridiculous, so we swapped for a mix of floor length/roman blinds.

If your window sills are waist height, however, I would go with short curtains, or better still a roman blind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now