Talk

Advanced search

What have you got on your bathroom windows?

(17 Posts)
Eastwickwitch Wed 05-Nov-14 17:25:46

And do you recommend it?
I've had an urge for wooden venetians in F&B colour to match the woodwork, but the prices are ridiculous.
I'm now considering roller blinds.
I love the look of a Roman Blind but have visions of mouldy, damp fabric.
Any ideas?

Bunbaker Wed 05-Nov-14 17:27:56

A boring roller blind. Our bathroom isn't overlooked so we tend not to use the blind anyway.

SqueezyCheeseWeasel Wed 05-Nov-14 17:29:36

Nothing.

msfreud Wed 05-Nov-14 17:44:59

Nothing. The glass is frosted and it backs in to the garden/other people's high garden wall.

Eastwickwitch Wed 05-Nov-14 18:19:39

Sorry, dull subject blush

mypoosmellsofroses Wed 05-Nov-14 18:28:01

Possibly some toothpaste and a smear of veet smile

Had nothing for years on ours, got vertical blinds now, not very exciting but like them as they are easy to take down and wash.

Seriouslyffs Wed 05-Nov-14 18:33:50

No dressing but frosting on the bottom half.
If I did star jumps in the shower the neighbours would probably get an eyeful but meh.

agoodbook Wed 05-Nov-14 18:39:19

Upstairs bathroom has thermal roller blinds in white next to window, and patterned roman blinds on the outside of the reveal. - It makes it cosy in winter smile -Wet room has high gloss white painted wooden venetian blind

Eastwickwitch Wed 05-Nov-14 18:44:05

Thanks
Frosting not an option, star jumps a rare occurrence grin
We're not really overlooked but I'm thinking about night time when the lights are on, one bathroom is quite near a road. It has 4 odd windows of varying size. Have found some OK stripy roller blinds.
White painted venetian sounds perfect for the other bathroom with 1 window.
Does it get damp?

agoodbook Wed 05-Nov-14 19:02:20

hi east - it doesn't seem to (we fitted it about 6 months ago when we had our downstairs shower room changed into a wet room) its only a small window and it gets steamy in there after a shower, but I've spent years opening the window to let it 'air' and haven't changed my habits ! we had to have a good look around for one - ended up having it custom made by a firm on ebay - it cost about £34 ,-its only small but fitted perfectly and came within 2 days

Eastwickwitch Wed 05-Nov-14 19:31:34

That's great value. I hadn't even considered ebay, I'll have a look.
Thanks so much.

agoodbook Wed 05-Nov-14 19:53:00

We actually rang them up once we had found them on ebay ( they had a website ) - felt a bit happier sorting the measurements over the phone and with a few queries smile

TalkinPeace Wed 05-Nov-14 20:39:06

rarely used roller blind

LouiseBrooks Wed 05-Nov-14 20:40:04

Nothing. Frosted glass and not overlooked.

DurhamDurham Wed 05-Nov-14 20:42:34

Frosted glass, and a large or are mirror which does away with the need for a blind. Not overlooked at all.

HaveToWearHeels Thu 06-Nov-14 11:45:31

Roman blinds, just to soften the look, been up 6 years not gone mouldy. One's in our en suite are silk too, so thought they may not have lasted that long but they have.

zippyandbungle Thu 06-Nov-14 11:47:51

Painted wood Venetian blinds here. I love the look but they get sooo dusty. Must be the condensation attracting the fluff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now