Talk

Advanced search

Little Greene paints

(13 Posts)
Wheresmychoc Tue 04-Nov-14 15:45:44

Hello - quite a specific and slightly dull question (unless you love paint).

I'm trying to decide between Little Greene 'Celestial Blue' and Little Greene 'Salix' to paint a bathroom.

The bathroom is small, and I want it to look cosy, not cool or cold. Going these bluey greens fit the bill.

Also don't want it to look too 90s powder blue (though that was my favourite colour. In the 90s.)

Does anyone have any experience / good things to say of either paint colour? I've done testers but depending on time of day / direction of the wind they just look completely different, and I've run out of places to test paint on!

Many thanks in advance!

Wheresmychoc Tue 04-Nov-14 15:47:09

Hoping these bluey greens fit the bill, even. Bloomin' phone.

Wheresmychoc Tue 04-Nov-14 18:44:56

Little wee bump

MsMsMsNOTMRS Wed 05-Nov-14 20:57:12

If the bathroom is quite light, both will look quite cool I think. Salix is far greener, I think Celestial is probably a bit more subtle.

Wheresmychoc Wed 05-Nov-14 21:54:34

Yay, thank you Ms - didn't think I was going to get a reply then!

That is v helpful - because was erring toward celestial blue and knowing it may be more subtle is good news!

I thought Salix might be more subtle because it's lighter, but was somehow preferring Celestial as Salix can look a bit grey. thanks for help!

Apatite1 Wed 05-Nov-14 22:24:24

I've got my swatches out for you: salix is reading very green to me, celestial is the one to go for if you want blue.

Wheresmychoc Wed 05-Nov-14 22:49:18

Thank you Apatite! Do you think the celestial is dusky enough to not look too cold?

Apatite1 Wed 05-Nov-14 23:55:41

What colour is your bathroom furniture, sink etc and how much light do you get? It'll look fab in natural light.

Apatite1 Wed 05-Nov-14 23:58:20

And I think it'll look warm with creams and even light brown.

Wheresmychoc Thu 06-Nov-14 06:43:04

Hurrah Apatite! Under sink cupboard is cream painted wood. Floor is light oak...

Wheresmychoc Thu 06-Nov-14 06:43:41

And bathroom is west facing!

Kitsmummy Thu 06-Nov-14 06:48:55

I used Salix years ago, nice enough but a bit duck egg I'd say, I'd go with celestial

Wheresmychoc Thu 06-Nov-14 07:35:02

Thanks Kits, another vote for celestial blue - v helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now