Advanced search

Planning experts?

(4 Posts)
Littlepicklehead Tue 04-Nov-14 10:28:09

My architect is on holiday and I'm struggling to get hold of the planning officer who approved our extension so as I'm impatient I'm wondering if any of you wise people know the answer to my question In the meantime!

We have approval for a rear extension, and on the plans the new kitchen is in the extension part of the open plan room (which is knocked through to an existing room). The kitchen is being relocated from a different part of the flat.

Due to struggling with fitting the kitchen I want in this space (see my previous post!) we want to now put the kicthen into the original part of the room and have the extension as a living area.

I think that as it's internal this isn't something we would need planning for (as it's within the same room) although I do know we will need to notify building control and the freeholders.

However I just wondered if anyone knew for sure? I know there is an 'application for non material amendment' that you can make, but googling isn't very clear on what this relates to, all the applications I can find online seem to be to change the size or location of windows, or to swap rooms.

Long shot, but does anyone have any knowledge?

TrevaronGirl Tue 04-Nov-14 17:00:26

Not a material concern as regards the panning consent so you are fine to amend as you see fit.

FantasticMrsFoxx Tue 04-Nov-14 18:19:56

It won't fall under the remit of Planning unless you are making changes to the size of the proposed extension, or to windows and doors.
You will need to amend your Building Warrant (if already submitted) as they want to see where kitchen drainage, extractor fans, lighting circuits are etc.

Littlepicklehead Tue 04-Nov-14 21:24:20

Thanks for the replies - planning department confirmed what you said smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: