Talk

Advanced search

Can you recommend a builder in York for a renovation please?

(5 Posts)
horseygin Mon 03-Nov-14 13:53:40

I am thinking of buying a house just south of york that would need extending and modernising, all windows , kitchen, bathroom and maybe a second floor extension over the ground floor one. Can anybody give me details of a reputable builder in the area please? Many thanks in advance.

horseygin Wed 05-Nov-14 10:55:10

Anybody?

Ihateparties Wed 05-Nov-14 11:06:16

We have recently used SDT for a reasonable sized double height extension, they have been really easy to work with (caveat - no kitchen involved in our build and only downstairs wc so I can't speak for that side of things). I have also heard lots of good things about Haxby Builders. We have also used Steve Charlton for a smaller jobs in the past.

MollyBdenum Wed 05-Nov-14 11:23:03

I am having work done (2 storey side extension with kitchen, cloakroom and bedroom) at the moment by Tri-M. They don't have a big web presence, but get a lot of word of mouth recommendations. So far, I am very happy with their work. I suspect the project won't be completed on time, but they are really nice, explain everything, keep me informed about what is going on, and minimise the disruption as much as possible. And they are very good with children.

mrsmandm Thu 06-Nov-14 21:29:26

We used in house a few years ago to do a kitchen and v pleased with them. Not the cheapest tho

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now