Advanced search

Which quartz brand? (Worktops)

(5 Posts)
MaryShelley Sun 02-Nov-14 21:56:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaryShelley Mon 03-Nov-14 15:17:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

burnishedsilver Mon 03-Nov-14 15:37:12

I have no experience of Cimstone but I had samples of Silestone and samples of a cheaper quartz called Santa Margherita (my kitchen suppliers recommendation). I put red wine, ink, ketchup and anything else I could think of on them and left them over night. The Silestone was much easier to clean. I had to really scrub the cheaper brand. The Silestone wiped clean of everything except permanent marker. Most of the marker came off with cif. It didnt budge off the Santa Margherita. So, no, they are not all the same. Get samples before you commit to anything.

DreamboatDaddy Mon 03-Nov-14 19:49:09

I can't comment on different manufacturers but we've just had Cimstone Arcadia installed in our new kitchen. We're very happy with it. We considered increasing the cost to go for a more white quartz but now that it's in we're glad we didn't.

mandy214 Mon 03-Nov-14 22:28:09

We have Compac - had heard very good things about Silestone but supplier suggested there wasn't much difference between some brands - I'd get samples particularly in the colour you want. I'm really happy with the Compac.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now