Talk

Advanced search

Height adjustable desk?

(6 Posts)
joanofarchitrave Sat 01-Nov-14 10:24:09

DS is 10, likely to grow around 5 - 6 feet in the next 8 years so I'm looking for something that will grow with him!

Has anyone found one they liked for a soon-to-be-teenage bedroom? The only ones I've found have been for schools, and I don't think we need that weight - I don't want something really flimsy but it doesn't have to take 900 pupils kicking it for ten years either.

JustScreamNobHurts Sat 01-Nov-14 10:29:25

Can you not get him a height adjustable chair instead?

Elysianfields Sat 01-Nov-14 10:32:04

try Ikea, I have an office table, with freestanding drawers under and it height adjusts a lot.

generaltilney Sat 01-Nov-14 11:01:54

ooh thanks both.

ContentedSidewinder Sat 01-Nov-14 12:34:44

We have Galant desks from Ikea, Ds1 got his when he was 5, combine that with height adjustable chair, also Ikea and he is now 11 and we just make the desk taller and the chair shorter.

DH also has a Galant desk, same legs just a bigger top to it, he is 6'3" and has a full on padded desk chair from Ikea.

We have the angled legs which does mean the taller you go the further away from the wall the desk gets pushed but we have another massive desk which has the straight height adjustable legs (think they come under "breakfast bar" legs)

CointreauVersial Sat 01-Nov-14 13:04:22

Yes, IKEA. They have a huge range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now