Talk

Advanced search

Yet another kitchen question....

(4 Posts)
Kieron79 Fri 31-Oct-14 07:50:32

We are currently in the process of getting plans drawn up for a kitchen/dining/living extension and are beginning to think about kitchens/layout etc.
Because we are going all out on the construction we will have a limited budget,approximately 5k for kitchen cabinets (appliances and work tops ah ready sourced/bought), we have looked at magnet/b&q as are attracted by their finance packages, however we would ideally want independent but were wondering if these are much more than the big hitters?there are some great kitchen companies locally but not sure if these tend to be mega bucks in comparison?

MiddletonPink Fri 31-Oct-14 14:03:48

Don't go with B and Q. Someone I know works for them and he says their service is beyond terrible.

Personally I would go by word of mouth.

Kieron79 Fri 31-Oct-14 14:39:40

Noted! Thing is one of their cooke & lewis ranges looks really nice :-(
I like the idea of magnet carcasses coming ready made as that will cut down on installation cost that our builder will charge.
I've also seen a gorgeous ex display kitchen which is 7.5k as it's half price in an independent showroom, do you think it would be worth being cheeky and asking if there's any more room for price cut?

MiddletonPink Fri 31-Oct-14 15:09:30

The problem with B and Q according to my friend is the aftercare if something goes wrong. Wrong parts being sent then having to wait weeks for correct part so slowing the fitter up.

What about Howdens?

I think " Buy cheap buy twice " is a good motto to remember..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now