Talk

Advanced search

Washer / dryer thermal overload cutout broken. Grrr...

(5 Posts)
CheeseBadger Thu 30-Oct-14 14:13:08

Right Mumsnet. I have a Hoover washer / dryer (WDYNS6540 if you want to get technical). I went through a phase of overloading it a bit and then having to reset the two thermal overload cutout switches to get the dryer working. Recently, I can put a single sock in the bloody thing and the cutouts pop out almost straight away.

I've had a root around, and there don't seem to be any blockages anywhere, no broken fans, nothing at all wrong as far as I can tell. Does anyone know where I can get replacement TOCs from? I'm reasonably handy with a soldering iron, and I'm told I'm on a deadline to get this fixed (offspring #1 on way).

Suggestions? Thanks in advance...

PigletJohn Thu 30-Oct-14 16:08:06

try www.espares.co.uk/

there will also be an appliance spares shop in your town, probably not in the high street though.

CheeseBadger Thu 30-Oct-14 16:17:48

Thanks John. They don't have exactly the right model listed in their search tool, but I'm sure I'll be able to eyeball something that'll do the job once I get home. That's useful...

CheeseBadger Thu 30-Oct-14 16:27:37

Bingo! The eSpares search told me to look for a safety thermostat instead of a thermal overload cutout switch, and Amazon took care of the rest for 9 quid. Cheers John!

CheeseBadger Thu 27-Nov-14 13:52:22

Final update in case anyone Googles their way here. New thermostat didn't fix it, so I got out the socket set and found a bale of lint and cat hair inside the fan impeller. Now working.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now