Talk

Advanced search

Which carpet brand? Cormor, Westex, Mohawk?

(10 Posts)
LilMissSunshine9 Wed 29-Oct-14 20:30:11

I really cannot decide on a carpet for my living room, I attach a picture of the colour of the room and my idea is at least a beige/ natural colour (definitely the same colour as in the photo as that just looks dirty all the time)

I go to carpet shops but just can't seem to decide which is best to go for. I don't mind spending up to £800 but I want to make sure what I buy is durable and will be easily cleanable.

So what carpet have you got and how has it worn?

MillyMollyMama Wed 29-Oct-14 20:52:36

I have velvet carpets from John Lewis. Not the cheapest but their prices are good for this type of carpet. I would also look at twist carpets but the wool content and weight of the carpet will determine price. I think heavier weight carpets and those for heavy use will wear better. That is what you need to look for rather than manufacturer. In your room I would like silver grey.

LilMissSunshine9 Wed 29-Oct-14 20:58:52

Thanks Milly, I was thinking silver grey but because of walnut sofa I wasn't sure it would match well.

I will look at John Lewis

reidscrossgrey Wed 29-Oct-14 21:38:52

I don't know the answer to your question but would you mind telling me what paint colour you have on your walls? I've been searching for something very similar... smile

LilMissSunshine9 Wed 29-Oct-14 21:51:38

lol sure its little & greene celestial blue - I love their paint it goes on like a dream and when the sun shines on the wall it has a slight sheen that makes it look like the walls have been dipped in paint.

LilMissSunshine9 Wed 29-Oct-14 22:01:11

oops its Little Green not Little & Greene

reidscrossgrey Thu 30-Oct-14 20:12:21

Thank you! Hope you get your carpet sorted. For what it's worth we had a Cormar heather carpet fitted a few years back on the stairs, sensation I think the range is called, polypropylene, and it has lasted very well with a preschooler and cat in the house.

LilMissSunshine9 Thu 30-Oct-14 21:05:01

Thanks Reid that really helps as I do like the feel of cormar carpets. I also saw the Mohawk Smartstrand carpet that I like but the reviews from the US haven't been so great so I am a bit wary. Cannot find any UK reviews so hard to know.

deraila Thu 30-Oct-14 22:31:19

i can speak for mohawk everstrand in our bedroom - recycled bottles. its fine - its like any other synthetic carpet but delightfully bouncy. baby has reflux so little possets are landing on this x2-3 a day - its sits on the carpet rather than sinking in. we've had it a very short time though- 8 months. we have a cool taup- pale brown. its expensive for a synthetic carpet but am hoping to get about 10 years from it.

LilMissSunshine9 Fri 31-Oct-14 11:30:37

Thanks deraila thats really useful to know smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now