Talk

Advanced search

Problem with integrated dishwasher - rinse light coming on

(10 Posts)
Aberchips Mon 27-Oct-14 12:49:46

We have inherited an integrated dishwasher in our new house. (Diplomat 8322 - no I've never heard of them either!!) It was working fine, but over the last couple of days it's started beeping continuously at the end of a cycle & when I open it the rinse light is on. I can reset it & it's fine for a while but then does it again. Has anyone else had this type of problem with any other dishwasher & it is it down to sonething simple or am I looking at repair/ replacement?

nemno Mon 27-Oct-14 13:09:35

Usually you can turn the rinse aid light and alarm off if you only want to use multifunction tablets. You should be able to download the instructions off the internet. But I think adding rinse aid and multi tabs gives a better result.

nemno Mon 27-Oct-14 13:10:43

I guess if you can't turn the alarm off you could just try fooling it and fill the rinse aid dispenser with water.

Aberchips Mon 27-Oct-14 13:43:02

Sorry I should have been more specific - it's the rinse cycle light that comes on not the rinse aid light. I have tried cleaning the filter, topping up salt & rinse aid but to no avail!

PigletJohn Mon 27-Oct-14 13:43:19

make it happy.

Pour in some rise aid. The compartment is probably in the door, white or grey plastic, with a screw-out cap or a flip-open lid.

dwrs always run better with salt and rinse aid than with multifunction tablets.

I think Diplomat was a brand name used by MFI for overpriced tat they bought in from various manufacturers.

nemno Mon 27-Oct-14 13:45:16

My fault, I don't have a rinse cycle light on mine so never occurred to me that the rinse might be alarmed.

PigletJohn Mon 27-Oct-14 13:45:37

nortonsafe.search.ask.com/web?q=Diplomat%208322%20%20instructions&o=15527&prt=NIS&chn=retail&geo=GB&ver=21&locale=en_GB&tpr=111

nemno Mon 27-Oct-14 13:46:51

But I do have audible alarms switched off so can ignore a faulty blocked spray arm message.

Aberchips Tue 28-Oct-14 11:33:18

Thanks - have topped it up recently but will make doubly sure then perhaps try my local friendly appliance repair man to see if he has any bright ideas!

Aberchips Mon 17-Nov-14 13:31:31

Thought I'd report back & say that I gave it a good clean (filters etc) made sure the salt & rinse aid were topped up as much as they could be & fingers crossed it's been ok since! Looks like you were right PigletJohn it was just unhappy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now