Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A really useful Thread has gone poof!

(9 Posts)
HexBramble Sun 26-Oct-14 08:19:53

Last year, maybe even 2012 there was quite a long thread about building/renovating an efficient home. Lots of info given on triple glazing, insulation, multi fuel boilers, under floor heating etc etc. I thought how amazing it was at the time but now, because I'm thinking of moving and making these kinds of changes, I REALLY NEED THIS THREAD! smile

All my own searches have brought up nothing. J
Help!

HexBramble Sun 26-Oct-14 18:06:48

Bump

HexBramble Sat 01-Nov-14 15:22:22

One last mournful Bump!

SoloCatherineWheelsOnAllPosts Sat 01-Nov-14 15:27:49

Maybe the poster has deleted their MN account. When you do that, the posts you make are all gone!!

TooMuchCantBreathe Sat 01-Nov-14 15:37:00

I don't think that's true is it solo?

SoloCatherineWheelsOnAllPosts Sat 01-Nov-14 15:45:32

I thought so as if you look through (old) threads and see a message withdrawn and look them up on a search, their messages have all gone. Like this one = here

I just picked out a thread at random and found this poster first.

TooMuchCantBreathe Sat 01-Nov-14 15:51:07

I think that's when posters have had problems and their posting history is withdrawn. I don't think it's automatic when you dereg. Besides that wouldn't take the while thread like the op here has found.

Op, maybe email hq? They may tell you if it's been deleted.

SoloCatherineWheelsOnAllPosts Sat 01-Nov-14 15:54:04

You could be right. I've just always thought that!

Unless the op of that thread put something in it that they wanted gone and so asked for deletion.

HexBramble Sat 01-Nov-14 21:06:59

Ah crap. I really hope not.
This was a thread that should have gone to Classics by sheer virtue of the wealth of info on it.

Gutted!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now